- What comes up on you mind when you hear the word ‘Writing’?
- Connecting words?
- Delivering message in another way than speaking?
- Well, writing is the act of putting letters, symbols, numbers, or words on paper or a computer screen. It is used to express and explain ideas, or in other words, for communication.
- Men on earth have used many tools for writing including paint, pencils, pens, typewriters, and computers since a long time ago. The writing can be formed on the wall of a cave, a piece of paper, or a computer screen. The process itself includes prewriting, composing, revising, editing, and publishing. In addition, there are many kinds of writing such as expository, narrative, descriptive, imaginative, and persuasive. On the other hand, literature is a type of writing that includes poetry, novels, plays, and short stories.
- Regardless of the language, writing has many rules including grammar, spelling, and punctuation. People use many tools to assist in their writing such as dictionaries and thesaurus.